Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Call for help!

It's been a while, and all is not lost here in Colorado-land.  It's been just over a year since we distributed our first round of Ben's Bells in the Denver area.   Plans are in the works for another distribution, however, creating our own Bells locally the progress is slow and stalled.  It's time to ask for help!  I know there are a lot of folks that want to help make and distribute the Bells, and I would love to have everything ready for that, but the truth is that we don't even have the infrastructure for it yet.   This is what we do have:

- Funds with Ben's Bells that we can use for supplies, but we must connect with Mile Hi Ceramics and get an account set up so we can start getting supplies - the non-profit way.
- A kiln - in my garage.  I do not have electricity to the kiln yet - it takes a 220V/30A connection, which has to be run to my garage and hopefully there is space on our circuit board.
- A slab roller - in my garage - this is for making the centerpieces.
- Various other equipment - including the cutout for the centerpieces.
- Instructions and manuals.

However, what we do not have:
- Someone that knows how to calibrate and run the kiln (I do NOT - yet, anyway)
- A kiln that is hooked to electricity (remember, it needs more than a regular plug!)
- An account with a ceramics shop that can work with Ben's Bells in Tucson to access our funds and get the supplies.

So, I'm finally putting out a call for help.  This studio does not have to be set up in my garage.  I am happy to help someone set this up wherever there are facilities and the will to get this done quickly.  Unfortunately, it won't be this summer if left up to me - we have a new baby coming in a little over a month, and our capacity for extra projects is maxed out.  So, I thought I would offer it up to someone else to help.  Of course we will help with everything, we just can't get it setup ourselves until sometime later this year.

Please contact me at bekindcolorado@yahoo.com or colofisch@yahoo.com and we will figure something out.

And in the meantime, we will work on another distribution - perhaps this Fall?

1 comment: